WORSHIP PASTOR/PASTORAL CARE (OAK RIDGE)
Job Title: Worship Pastor/Pastoral Care (Oak Ridge Location)
Reports To: Oak Ridge Campus Pastor (CP)
Position Status: Full-Time (40 hours per week)
Overview: Oversees all aspects of music, worship, and team development for the Oak Ridge location of The Summit Church. Assist CP in pastoral care. Experience – 3 years of experience is strongly recommended.
- Lead the Worship culture at the OR location and oversee all aspects of music in adult services.
- Collaborate with other pastoral leadership, worship directors/staff, key band volunteers, and
student ministry leaders for special events, service planning, creative elements, setlists, etc.
- Collaborate with Kernersville WD and Service Programming team weekly to build consensus
around service flow for “In-Person” services and “Online” experiences.
- Write and contribute new music (in conjunction with the Kville WD and Lead Pastor).
- Collaborate with our Impact Band Director(s) for alignment with main services.
- Assist the Technical Director and Production Team in stage ideas and set up for weekend
services and special events as needed at Oak Ridge.
- Be responsible for the oversight of worship budgets, goals, and priorities, with assistance from
- Mentor, coach and provide pastoral care for all band members, musicians, and vocalists.
- Provide and initiate ongoing training for all volunteers under your care.
- Offer large training to create a cohesive group, synergy, updates. (2x or 3x annually)
- Lead the band volunteers during the weekend services, weekly practices, special events,
funerals, weddings, etc… at the Oak Ridge location.
- Recruit, develop, and schedule a healthy rotation of volunteers in collaboration with Worship
Directors at all locations.
- Assist in building setlists, charting, and posting music/resources into Planning Center to ensure
volunteers are prepared for rehearsals/services.
- Communicate important details weekly with the worship team in regards to rehearsal and worship
services (Special elements, transitions, new arrangements, etc.)
- Help provide maintenance and care for worship team equipment (amps in working order, drum
heads and hardware, Keys sounds, and general equipment the band uses).
- Build Ableton sets for weekly service, and any other loops or tracks needed for worship or special
- Work with Impact Band Director to create a pipeline of developing new musicians.
- Help organize and execute special events (Team nights, worship nights, etc).
- Attend meetings as needed for any staff development, creative planning, and evaluation.
- Assist CP in providing leadership and pastoral care for Oak Ridge location.
- Other duties as assigned.
Evaluation and Compensation the Oak Ridge Worship Pastor receives an annual performance
evaluation. Compensation is reviewed annually.
Email resumes to email@example.com.