Job Title: KidSummit Director – Kernersville
Reports to: Kernersville Ministry Director
Position Status: Full-time (40 hours per week)
Overview: The KidSummit Director is responsible for The Summit Church, Kernersville Campus program serving kids between Kindergarten and 5th Grade by leading and directing all aspects of the KidSummit program. The KidSummit Director champions the ministry through effective communication with parents, volunteers and reporting staff to create a healthy and safe environment where children experience and grow with how much God loves them. The KidSummit Director will report to the Kernersville Ministry Director.
- Develop and execute the KidSummit ministry offered during The Summit Church services.
- Lead the KidSummit staff (Coordinator and Tech Director) to oversee every area of the ministry.
- Directs the process of recruiting, developing and training qualified people and volunteers for KidSummit (50% of Job Requirement.) This includes, Small Group Leaders, Music Team, Programming and other areas required for KidSummit.
- Leads two leadership events per year for leadership development with KidSummit volunteers.
- Coordinates volunteer appreciation initiatives
- Ensures the safety and the ministry by overseeing the background check process, maintaining proper child check-in and check-out processes and by performing regular, documented reviews of these processes.
- Plans and executes Camp KidSummit (Summer) in conjunction with the other campus KidSummit Directors.
- Plans and hosts a Child Baptism (twice a year) and “We Believe” (Parent/Child Class)
- Collaborates with other campus KS Directors to create consistency with events, training, and programming
- Ensures curriculum, graphics, videos, etc. are effective in leading kids to Jesus.
- Attends monthly All Staff meeting and monthly Family Ministry meeting
- Leads and attend weekly meetings with KS leadership team
- Provides service or support to other ministries as needed
- Completes yearly planning and budget on time
- Manages the ministry approved budget
- Assists with other projects as necessary
- Completes Goals & Targets on time for review with Kernersville Ministry Director.
Evaluation and Compensation for the KidSummit Director receives an annual performance evaluation. Compensation is reviewed annually.
Submit resume and cover letter to Gene Denmark at firstname.lastname@example.org.